how to walk more than a marathon without really noticing.In 15 easy steps!
1. On the first day, only walk a few miles. Get the tourist-y stuff out of the way.2. Get on a sailboat in the bay! Even if it's freezing (that makes a more thrilling ride).
4. When you're a little tired on day 1, hop aboard a cable car and blind your driver with a flash.
7. Head to The Castro (always good to have a destination).
8. From the Castro, walk up to Haight St and continue until you're at Ashbury. Peace out.
9. Then decide you'll walk all the way to the ocean through Golden Gate Park.
10. Since your feet hurt now, stop in the Japanese Tea Garden to pick up much-needed zen.
11. Hardly notice those calve-wrenching hills by concentrating on the view!
12. Let Pat & Charlie breathe a bit.
13. Go to famous watering holes!
14. Hit Chinatown for dessert.
15. Take the crookedest roads, the steepest roads, and the scenic stairways on day 3. It'll be clearer weather by now so you can really enjoy the sun while you sweat and your quads scream for mercy.