With my dreams of logging 10 hours on the Chinatown bus to New York this weekend dashed, I'll have plenty to do around here. For the record, I planned to catch Steve Earle's play Karla about Texas killer Karla Faye Tucker. As housemate Jen is always saying, "You can pick your friends, but you can't icepick your friends!" I also would have enjoyed Andrew Bird on Sunday, but there's always next week at Black Cat for that.
FRIDAY IN DC
* Last Train Home plays at the Barns of Wolf Trap!
* DCist hosts a Veterans' Day happy hour.
* Phil Rossi hits Staccato.
* Were I to have Veterans' Day off, I'd hop on the bandwagon and spend it at Busboys and Poets working on my overdue short story and finishing that winter scarf I'm knitting!
In the "way to grab my attention" categories for the weekend, these listings did just that, hopefully for obvious reasons:
* BBQ Bob and the Spare Ribs will play Madam's Organ
* Aztec Two-Step plays Jammin Java
* Capital Cat Fanciers Show at Montgomery County Fairgrounds
* Forest Scavenger Hunt at Rock Creek Nature Center