For your trivia-lovin pleasure: (I thought they were pretty easy, but I also had the answers right in front of me)
To win prizes for answering correctly, come out to Amasia Bistro next Monday night at 7:30!
Email me or ask for answers in the comments...
1. FASHION: What platinum blonde entered the fashion spotlight after the death of her older brother?
2. GEOGRAPHY: What Texas city has four miles of air-conditioned tunnels to give pedestrians a break from the heat?
3. MOVIES: What investigator for the California law firm Masry & Vititoe had a movie made about her?
1. ROYALTY: in 1995, what country's Princess Stephanie married her bodyguard?
2. HISTORY: After the Civil War, the Granger Movement tried to improve conditions for people in what job?
3. SPORTS: in 1998, Bill Clinton became the first sitting U.S. President ever to attend a game of which professional sports league? (extra point if you can name the teams who were playing)
1. TV: What PBS show regularly attracts over 7,000 items for appraisal at each taping?
2. POP FICTION: What '90's best-seller grew out of a series of personal columns that first ran in the London newspaper, 'The Independent'?
3. LYRICS: Name the song that contains the following line: "'Cause I just can't seem to drink you off my mind"
HALFTIME: Name 4 of the 5 genuses in the "ape" family.
1. GEOGRAPHY: Which two cities are most commonly referred to as the "Twin Cities"?
2. MUSIC: The Oscar-winning song "Streets of Philadelphia" was written by whom?
3. PROVERBS: Complete the following proverb: "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man..."
1. TV: on "Will & Grace", what was the name of Jack's original one-man show?
2. TECHNOLOGY: in 1998, what did the EFF name its $250,000 computer, designed to crack the U.S. government's outdated DES encryption code?
3. SPORTS: How many Super Bowls did Tom Landry win with the Dallas Cowboys?
1. SCI/MED: What protruding body parts can a doctor flatten with a procedure called otoplasty?
2. MUSIC: What late rapper was paid tribute to by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans in the song "I'll Be Missing You"?
3. HISTORY: In 1997, what man-made space object came within 1,000 yards of a high-speed collision with a U.S. military satellite?
FINAL: Rank the following rock artists from oldest to youngest: Fionna Apple, Kid Rock, Alanis Morissette, Rob Zombie.